Professional Teeth Whitening
As time passes, you have probably noticed your teeth becoming yellower. While smoking cigarettes and eating staining foods and drinks are often the culprit, sometimes yellow teeth are simply a part of the aging process. Whatever the reason behind the yellowing of your teeth, you don’t have to put up with it. Professional teeth whitening can put the sparkle back into your smile and help you look your best.
At our Wausau dental office, we offer both in-office and take-home bleaching solutions so you can choose the option that best meets your needs and your lifestyle. If you have a special event coming up that you want to improve your appearance for, in-office teeth whitening is a great way to get your teeth considerably whiter in a very short amount of time. If you have a bit more time and would like to save money, consider a customized, professional take-home teeth whitening kit.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Many of our patients like the speed and convenience of in-office teeth bleaching. The high concentration of the gel and the personalized service give you impressive results in just a single session.
Before your whitening treatment, Dr. Kim will examine your teeth and perform a cleaning to help ensure even and attractive results. When it’s time to whiten, we will apply the whitening gel to your teeth and then use a special light to activate the bleaching ingredient. After the recommended amount of time, we will remove the whitening product from your teeth. We will then discuss your results with you and decide whether we should whiten further. We will also discuss your maintenance options.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
If you’d prefer to bleach your teeth in the comfort of your home, we will create a customized treatment plan for you, complete with trays that are created specifically to fit your mouth. This allows the whitening gel to come into contact with all the surfaces of your teeth evenly and prevents the product from irritating soft tissue like your gums, tongue, and lips.
Our patients often wonder what the difference is between the kits that you can buy in a drugstore and whitening kits that are only available through a dentist. The differences are actually quite significant:
- Drugstore kits are designed to be one-size-fits-all while our professional kits are customized to fit you perfectly.
- The concentration of whitening ingredient is higher in professional kits, which means you get better and faster results.
- Professional kits, like Zoom II, include a desensitizing agent to make whitening your teeth comfortable – even for people with sensitive teeth.
- When you choose a professional kit, you can rest easily knowing that if you have any questions, the dentist you trust is only a phone call away.
- We will work with you to find the whitening treatment that will best meet your needs and monitor your progress to make sure your bleaching is performed safely and that you are getting the results you want.
To learn more about professional teeth whitening, please call our office at 715-849-5667 to schedule your free consultation with Wausau dentist Dr. James Kim. Make sure to take advantage of our teeth whitening special!
- General Dentistry - Children and Teens
- Orthodontics - Invisalign
- General Dentistry - Adults
- Sedation Dentistry
- Digital X-rays and KaVo Dental Laser
- Orthodontics - Traditional Braces
- Cosmetic Dentist
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Dental Implants
- Periodontal Therapy and Gingival Grafts
- Root Canal Therapy
- Appliance Therapy for Grinding, Clenching, and Headaches